Thursday, September 16, 2010

Friday's Favorite - Finding Beauty in Garden Art

Last night our Master Gardener group had their meeting at a wonderful nursery, Pathway to Perennials. We were given a small tour of the gardens and a quick talk on some of their favorite plants. But I have been drawn to garden art this year instead of plants, pretty nervy of me. But I thought you still might be interested in seeing what attracted my attention here. It was getting dark, so the pictures are not great, had all the settings high trying to let in more light and I forgot my tripod, a no no with night photography.


You know how much I like the birds and this one was so cute.
Just look at it sitting of a nest, what a whimsical an addition to any garden.



For those who like a fountain in the garden, the selection is hugh, but I liked the simple pineapple shape surrounded by boxwood. The symbol of the pineapple represents welcome, perfect for the garden.



The garden benches came in many different shapes, styles and materials. 
I just adored this bench with the flowered back. The price was a bit high for my pocket book,
 so I will have to enjoy just looking at this picture.

I am joining Claudia at Dipity Road for Finding Fridays Beauty,
so stop by to see where others are finding beauty.


Have a safe and enjoyable weekend!

13 comments:

Becca said...

I love the bench too! Also, I am one for having some sort of fountain in my garden. I love the sound and the birds enjoy it too. I really like the pineapple!

Piecefulafternoon said...

You have great taste in Garden Art. I too find it almost as charming as the flowers. I have a seagull on a wonderful old piling - it grows trumpet shaped tiny moss on the piling, a lovely crow on a round ball, a fairy, a wire frog and a swirling, twirling copper wind catcher - along with my bamboo wind chimes and a wind chime with a flying heron - I should do as you did and take photos of them all sometime.

We are building a large deck in the spring and I plan a fountain of some sort there.

Thanks for sharing.

Ellada said...

Hello,
I love the garden benches.

Gardening in a Sandbox said...

Great captures. Lorraine has some fabulous garden art as well as garden design ideas.

pam said...

Flowers, garden art, yard art...I never tire. I have a daughter who loves fat birds. Hope you have a grand weekend!

Maggie B said...

Your shots are all very impressive and the bench is great but my fave is the pineapple fountain, I would love something like that here in my garden.
Have a beautiful weekend.

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

The chubby bird statue in its nest was very whimsical and made me smile! I love finding lttle surprise like that in a garden.

Have a happy weekend!

Kate said...

Love that bench. :) And, the little bird is really cool. I'm hoping to put more hardscape things into the gardens next summer. They add great interest.

Denise said...

I have been loving garden art for the last couple of years. I don't have many pieces, but I've been keeping my eyes open for new finds.

I hope you don't mind. I linked your post to my PORCH AND GARDEN PARTY at firstadream.blogspot.com.

Greenearth said...

Love them all. What character they add to your garden.

Diann @ The thrifty Groove said...

Beautiful garden art! I love that bench and I can only imagine the price tag of it!

Have a wonderful weekend!

Claudia@DipityRoad said...

This garden seems like the perfect place to just comfy down and read a great book OR ... relax and take a nap.

thank you so much for joining with us. It is simply Beautiful.

Hugs
Claudia

Lindy said...

Are kidding? These pictures are great. I couldn't do that under the best of circumstances. For real. I love the fat little bird. How cute!