Thursday, September 9, 2010

Friday's Find Beauty

A wonderful photography blog to visit is Georgianna Lane, I visit almost daily to see what beautiful pictures she has posted. Since I am only an amateur photographer I read many books on photography and visit many photography blogs. Georgianna's blog contains stunning pictures of the flowers in her garden. She has an Etsy shop where you can purchase some of these creations. So in August I purchased two of her pictures. They arrived two weeks ago and were beyond my expectations. After shopping around for different frames and not being happy with any, I had custom mats made and framed the prints with simple black frames.


This picture is titled 'Lady in Lavender', when I saw this picture in her shop it spoke to me.
A picture of one of my favorite things in the garden, a butterfly.



This is 'Purity', I love the composition of white magnolia flowers against the blue sky.



Here they are together on the wall beside my computer. They will be wonderful
to look at when the snow is two feet deep in the middle of winter.
A reminder of what awaits in spring.



The prints were carefully wrapped and mailed to me with a thank you note.
I thought the thank you just as beautiful and had it framed as well.
It sits on a table in the family room.

I am joining Claudia at Dipity Road for Finding Beauty. 

Thanks for visiting and have a great weekend!

12 comments:

Pondside said...

The prints are lovely and will be inspiration all through the winter. I often do, as you did, and frame a favorite card - why waste it!?

Deb said...

These are beautiful! Thanks for sharing.

Piecefulafternoon said...

Oh they are lovely!!

Gardening in a Sandbox said...

Georgianna's prints are beautiful. I purchased a couple myself and finished framing them today. Yours are really beautiful. They will bring many hours of enjoyment.

Georgianna said...

Wow!! Jen, thank you so much for taking such care framing the prints – what a thrill to know they are next to your computer!! And the card looks super, too. Very thoughtful of you to share them all here. You made my day! Have a wonderful weekend. – g

Carol at Serendipity said...

Jennifer,
Those pictures are stunning. You framed them beautifully. Have a wonderful weekend.

Carol

Maggie B said...

The printa are lovely and the customised framing makes them look even more gorgeous.

Icy BC said...

All are so lovely and dreamy! They are beautiful indeed..

Ebie said...

I love those pictures! The black frame is just very perfect! What a great artist!

Kate said...

My plans for a cold winter day will be to sort through mountains of flower pics to try and find a few of my own garden that are worthy of framing. These were beautiful and great inspiration.

suziqu's thread works said...

These prints are gorgeous and so is your blog - and how could it not with such a love of gardening and plants - like myself! I adore our large country garden which is just coming into its Spring show with its many many roses. I will be back!
Best wishes, Suzy

Robin's Nesting Place said...

Those are pretty! One of these days I'd love to sell some of my pictures too. Right now I am still practicing and learning!