Wednesday, October 6, 2010

On The Hunt for Autumn Colour

Every autumn hubby and I pack the car and point it north on our yearly
excursion to see the leaves changing colour.


The day dawned very misty,
 but we were hopeful it would clear.



Not much colour here, just a few leaves among the stone fence.



But this Red Fox was on the other side of the fence.
 It is the right colour for autumn, red-orange, but still no leaves.



We stopped at a park in Midland, Ontario to stretch our legs.
This chipmunk was collecting acorns and hiding them away for winter.
The right colour again, but still no leaves.



Finially leaves that are changing a wonderful red-orange colour.



They look great against the background of green.



A close up of this wonderous colour change.



After hunting for the autumn colour change all day,
we were rewarded with this beautiful pinky-red sunset.

Thanks for stopping by and going on the hunt.














17 comments:

Denise@alloverroses said...

It looks like you have a wonderful time. Your photos are just gorgeous. Thanks for sharing them.
Have a lovely day!
Denise

Shevvy said...

And those pics show why this is my favourite time of year! lovely.

Ellada said...

Great post. The last picture was amazing, beautiful colors.

Dejemonos sorprender said...

Very nice pictures .. simply amazing the colors that the leaves turn in autumn .. Muy agradable.. Greetings from here..

julieQ said...

All your pictures are wonderful...but that little chipmunk just touches my heart...look at his little eyes shine!!

paula, the quilter said...

Lovely, lovely photos. What camera and lens do you use? Have I asked this question before? I'm having a senior moment.

Kate said...

That chipmunk! Such a cutie. ;) Lovely photos. Leaf peeping is a favorite outing for me, as well.

Gardening in a Sandbox said...

Really lovely photos. It is so autumn. Love the fox. He fits right in.

Becca said...

Ooo! Pretty! I love all of the shots. That fox looks kind of skinny and I love the chipmunk too! Thank you for sharing, I really love the sunset...just beautiful!

Lavender Cottage said...

We're taking our drive north for thanksgiving and hope to see some great colours.
Great capture of the fox and chippie.
Judith

Noelle said...

I do love fall foliage and hope to see some when we travel to the Eastern United States later this month. I am so glad your journey was a success :-)

Diana (Di) said...

My favourite time of the year! and the drama here has begun to unfold with shades of red and orange. But I ask, What happened to the last 9 months? They passed so quickly.

Marydon said...

Oh, the beauty & serenity of your travels ... you captured everything so beautifully. Don't you just love these kinds of rides ...

Have a beautiful weekend, my friend.
TTFN ~ Hugs, Marydon

Carol at Serendipity said...

Jennifer,

The shot of that chipmunk is incredible. The leaves are about the same here. We expect to have a very windy day here tomorrow so probably lots will be blown away.

Carol

Genie said...

These beautiful photos are making my wait until Sunday an endless wait. Buddy and I are going to a nearby state park to walk and take pictures. I hope mine turn out half as lovely as yours...I would love to see a chipmunk....

Genie

DoanLegacy said...

Gorgeous photos as always and the colors are just fantastic!

Georgianna said...

I love seeing the autumn colors where you live, Jen. And how fantastic to see a fox and a chipmunk! I would love that. We don't have chipmunks – just lots and lots of squirrels. Chipmunks are cuter! Have a great week. – g