Friday, October 1, 2010

Pink Saturday - Pink in the Garden



This week for Pink Saturday I thought I would show you some new additions to the garden.


This is Aster novi-belgii 'Wood's Pink'. 
 As well as being a beautiful pink, the bumblebees love it.



I removed an aster that had become too unruly in the garden and replaced it with this coneflower.
Let me introduce you to 'Lilliput',
 a fragrant rose-purple Echinacea purpurea that only grows 18 inches tall.



When I saw this coneflower it was 'Fatal Attraction' and I just had to have it.
The flowers are a rich purple-pink with dark centers on red stalks with lush green foliage.
If the weather stays nice I may see the true colour of the flower,
if not I will have to wait until next summer.



This is Chrysanthemum x rubellum 'Clara Curtis', she has large deep pink single flowers.
She is not a new addition to the garden, but a staple I have had for many years.
She flowers faithfullly every year in full sun or partial shade.

Please stop by How Sweet the Sound hosted by Beverly, our lovely host, to
see what others are posting for Pink Saturday.

Thank you for visiting and have a great weekend.




17 comments:

Sheila said...

Lovely photos of gorgeous flowers. I missed the bird pictures in your last post but they are delightful! Thanks for telling me about your mosaic making program. I think I've figured out some thing I can use though it takes more time. I have a mac laptop and it's not compatible with Photoscape it seems. Enjoy your weekend!

Denise@alloverroses said...

Oh what lovely pictures. The first one should be framed it is incredible! Happy Pink Saturday!
Denise

Country Wings in Phoenix said...

Happy Pink Saturday Sweetie...
What a beautiful share this evening. I love the flowers. All of the assorted pink flowers, and I really love the cone flower.

The way that you photographed each of the flowers, they appear to be doing a gorgeous ballet. I love them sweet friend. Thank you so much for sharing with me today. Oh what a beautiful garden you must have.

Hope you have a gorgeous Pink Saturday. Many hugs and so much love, Sherry

LG said...

Lovely blog, I'm glad I found it. And I have never seen Afican Violets with variegated leaves how lovely! Have a wonderful week too - may it be full of delights before the cold!

LG

Carol at Serendipity said...

Jennifer,

Beautiful flowers and beautiful photographs. I cannot seem to figure out how to have my flower in perfect focus and background blurred. Do you have a lens or a program that does that.

I love that look. Have a great weekend.

Carol

lisa said...

These are just such wonderful shots.

Abramyan Avenue said...

Love the flowers. I agree with Denise, the first one should be framed. I also love the third photograph! Thanks for sharing!
-April

Gardening in a Sandbox said...

Beautiful pinks. I know fatal attractions. I have a few that need planting.

Piecefulafternoon said...

Ohhhhhhhhh pretty pink flowers. You should frame some of them.

Ann said...

Your flowers are beautiful, my coneflowers have died out long ago. Hope you can enjoy color a little longer. Happy PS
Ann

Becca said...

Wow! I really like these flowers! The fuchsia color with the red stalks is stunning. You captured them so beautifully in your photos. Thanks for sharing!

Donnie said...

Such lovely flowers from your garden. Thank you for sharing them. Happy Pink Saturday.

Rebecca said...

Makes me want spring again- maybe halloween first though!

Hocking Hills Gardener said...

Your pinks are so pretty. I wish my coneflowers were still in bloom. I love the deep neon pink in your Fatal Attraction.
I have Clara Curtis and it spread like crazy. I keep pulling it up in the beds until I do not think much is left of her.
Have a wonderful weekend.

Maison Mutt said...

I always love getting flowers! Thanks for such a pretty post.
Licks & Wags,
Niki
P.S. My dad was born in Canada!

Betty Jo said...

Your photos, and your garden, are so beautiful! I adore the cone flower especially. ♥

Jillian said...

You pictures are amazing! Do you use photoshop or some other program? I'd love to make my pics better!

Sorry I'm so late...we had a big wedding on Pink Saturday and we are just now recooperating!

I'm catching up now!

Jillian
Bella Rosa Antiques