Friday, October 8, 2010

Pink Saturday


I received this plate from my Dad as a Christmas present last year. I love the dark pink edges with gold roses and the large pink rose and smaller flower bouquet in the center.


This is a picture of the back.



I am joining Beverly at How Sweet the Sound for Pink Saturday,
please stop by and visit the other bloggers participating in this wonderful party.

Remember October is Breast Cancer Awareness month.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Ten Things I Like"

Valerie at Gardening in a Sandbox invited bloggers to participate in "10 Things I Like",
so here we go. My list:
1. I like to read and my tastes are very diverse. I read both fiction and non fiction. Every night I try to read for an hour, but I have been known to read into the wee hours of the morning, especially if the book is one of those you cannot put down. 


2. I like to watch the birds and even have pictures of them in the house.



3. I like photography. This is a picture my hubby took while we were on vacation.


4. I like tea, but only herbal. Every afternoon I sit down with a cup of tea and a book.


5. I like flowers. This bouquet was a gift from my son on my birthday.



6. Quilting is another passion of mine, but then most of you already know that.
 This is my latest piece, I made it for a friend to put on her Thanksgiving table.



7. I like to add whimsical pieces to the garden. This frog spent the summer by the pond.


8. I like to wear hats and have them for both summer and winter.
Just about every hat has its' own hat box.



9 &10 I am combining.
 I like playing in photoshop and how different the seasons are.


If you have made it to the end of this long post I thank you. The rules are easy, if you would like to participate, just list 10 things you like to do and invite other bloggers to join in. So this is your invitation.

Have a great weekend!
To my fellow Canadian Bloggers have a wonderful Thanksgiving
with family and friends!




26 comments:

xinex said...

Your photos are gorgeous and I love that plates, it is so pretty...Christine

Elsie Xie said...

The things that that you like are depicted in lovely ways.

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Happy Pink Saturday, Jen! I love the plate! Your Dad has good taste and I know you will cherish the plate for always.
You and I have alot of things in common! I too read into the wee hours at times. I do tend to get lost in a good story and I lose track of time. I adore hats, tea; especially herbal. Actually I don't drink anything but herbal. I love birds, flowers, and whimsical pieces in a garden or in my home. I too love photography but I need to get myself a better camera. I was looking at your wildlife photos below and I enjoyed them very much. Thank you for sharing a wonderful post. Happy Thanksgiving weekend to you and your family.

Blessings,
Sandi

Lavender Cottage said...

The plate is awesome Jen, your Dad has good taste. It would look good with some scones on it for tea.
I like your 10 favourite things, you have an interest to create things. I'd love to learn to use photoshop.
Judith

Rettabug said...

What a beautiful plate to treasure, Jen! Such a lovely & thoughtful gift.
I can see it with some homemade cookies on it for this coming Thanksgiving holiday.

I hope you're surrounded by family & friends for the weekend & Monday, as well.

Happy Canadian Turkey Day!!!


ps ♥ ♥ ♥ your little quilted pumpkin table runner. Pattern info???

viridian said...

The plate is wonderful! reminds me of my grandmother's pattern, though it is not the same.
Happy Pink Saturday!

Jil~Say It With Roses said...

Happy Pink Saturday!
Your Dad gifted you with a gorgeous plate...tomorrows heirloom!
I enjoyed your favorite ten things...lots were the same as mine. If it is not too late, I think I will have to go and join...
Jil

Carol at Serendipity said...

Jennifer,

What a beautiful plate. You have a lovely cup and saucer, too.

I am envious of your mastery of PhotoShop.

Just beautiful pictures.

Carol

Marydon said...

Oh, Jen that teacup & plate are over the moon gorgeous!

Your quilt is so cute! Love the presentation ...

Your bird picture captured me ... I just can't get enough of these beauties.

Have a beautiful PS ~
TTFN ~ Hugs, Marydon

Cozy Home Scenes said...

I'm sure that plate will be one of your favorites for years to come since your father gave it to you. It's very pretty.

I love to read too and can get caught up in it for hours. I spent way too much time on the computer and not enough time reading books these days though.

Hope you are having a great Saturday!

Piecefulafternoon said...

What a pretty plate - what a wonderful gift.

The photos are fabulous - I might just try the favorties thing too.

Hey - where is your hat in the picture of you taking a picture? :-)

Crafty Gardener said...

I have so many things in common with your top 10 list, except hats. I do not like hats at all, but I love scarves and have quite a collection.

Have a wonderful weekend.

Suzie Button said...

Hi Jen, I love your plate and thanks for sharing your passions with us! I hope you have a wonderful Pink Saturday! Suzie

Pondside said...

.....and a Happy Thanksgiving to you too! We'll be celebrating on Monday, as our daughter has to work on Sunday. I enjoyed your list, especially the pile of books - I always like to know what people have at hand.

Gardening in a Sandbox said...

Hi Jen: Happy Thanksgiving. I am impressed by your Dad's taste in dishes. Enjoyed your list. Thanks for taking the challenge. Oh, this friend loves the quilt. It is on the table for dinner tomorrow.

bj said...

I really enjoyed these things about you.:)
Thanks for sharing..and I didn't have a clue that I enjoy photography until I started blogging. I love it..and then, I love playing around with them over at photoscape. Lots of fun.:)

Abramyan Avenue said...

LOVE that plate! It's beautiful! Your dad has a good eye! love all your pics! very pretty post!
-april

LG said...

I love reading and gardening though time after work hours are sparse right now! Those books of yours look very very interesting, but then to book worm most books look interesting...(except chick lit!). I also read fiction and non-fiction, I vary them as the mood goes...

Linda said...

HAPPY THANKSGIVING ! LOVE YOUR CUTE TABLERUNNER. DROP BY SOMETIME..

Coralie Cederna Johnson said...

What a gorgeous plate from your father. A treasured keepsake for sure!
Thanks for sharing and for you visit!
(I've signed on to follow your lovely blog!)
Have a sweet day!
Coralie

Gloria, Dakota Garden said...

Great post! - I have also as favorites 2 of your same books. In Defense of Food and Dan Brown's book! No wonder we like each others
blog!

Beverley Baird said...

Have just discovered your blog and really enjoyed your Thanksgiving mosaic and your list of 10 things! My no. 1 is the same as yours - books and reading!

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

I'm late visitning for pink saturday ...your dish is very pretty! I also enjoyed seeing your list of favorite things. We share a love of reading! I alwasy have a stack by my chair for evening reading.

Maison Mutt said...

Oh my goodnesss....my mom has that exact pink plate! So nice to see it again, it's been awhile since I visited home. Licks & Wags,
Niki

Porch Days said...

It is nice to learn more about you. Isn't getting into a good book and reading late just the best?! I use Photo Shop Elements and am happy with it. Could always learn more though. My son gave me a very good book that is like a manual.

Bella said...

Hi Jen... Great list! I love that you wear hats:-) I collect them, but no one here wears hats, sad but true. Happy belated Thanksgiving too, your mosaic is lovely, your photos are always beautiful :-)
Bella