Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Waiting

We are excepting another snowstorm to start tonight and by morning
should have 5 to 15 cm of fresh snow.
Time to get some winter photography in.
This is a picture from last winter and it contains my word for 2011.


Every January I pick a word that I try to keep. Last year was acceptance.
This year it is forgiveness. The dictionary defines forgiveness as 'The act of forgiving;
disposition or willingness to forgive. One who forgives.'
Terrible of me, but I can have a very hard time forgiving slights done to me.
 Am I to forget what was done.
Forgiveness is not about forgetting, it is about letting go.
So I forgive this slight and everything is okay, and we are friends again?
Forgiveness does not establish relationships.
Forgiveness is for you, the forgiver, to release you from something that will eat at you,
 that will destory your joy and your ability to love fully and openly.
Forgiveness in no way requires that you trust the one you forgive
 or excuse them from what they did.
What was done to you may be wrong, and anger is the right response to
something wrong. But don't let the anger, pain and loss you feel prevent
you from forgiving and moving on.
A large task?
I am up for the challenge

Take care and come again, I love your visits!



15 comments:

Crafty Gardener said...

What a beautiful image with your word on it. I've been reading about all the different words people are choosing for this year. I think I have one, but haven't quite decided on it. Take care in the snowstorm, you will probably get more than we will. And yes, I love the opportunity to take more photos.

Susan said...

What a lovely idea. I really do love this idea quite a bit. I'm actually reading a book called the Gospel of Joy by Amanda Gore and this week it's all about Gratitude. I found her on You Tube, of all places, and I enjoyed her message so much, I decided I should at least read her book. And forgiveness is such a huge part of it.

I love your post. Thank you so much for sharing.
Blessings,
Susan
Oh... here's the link to the video I saw: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQFl4a0xiBE

Carol at Serendipity said...

Jen,
I am sorry you were hurt.

Carol

Gardening in a Sandbox said...

Forgiveness is a good word. The photo is wonderful.

Eliza @ Appalachian Feet said...

Beautiful post! I think forgiveness is a lovely, humble word to focus on in the new year. :)

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

Waht a great word....it is always hardest to forgive ourselves....nice pic

Lavender Cottage said...

Hi Jen
Difficult times are hard to get through, but you will. Lean on your friends when you feel the need.
You chose a good word. Although I didn't post about mine, it's 'possibilities'. :-)
Hugs,
Judith

Sheila said...

I think your chosen word is great and your explanation of it even better...I learned to do this years ago and am happier because of it. everybody's human and we all make mistakes that need to be forgiven. Keep smiling!

Naturegirl said...

A good word to live by..lightens the load on ones shoulders.Life is short ..we must allow ourselves the luxury to forgive..so freeing!
Snuggle up stay warm! waving from the sunny state of Arizona! xo

keewee said...

We got our snow, and now it is almost gone due to the rain and warm wind. Thank goodness, as I have to be on the roads later on today and they were rather slushy earlier this morning.

Bella said...

Hi Jen,
I love this chosing of a word for a resolution, I have seen it around a few other blogs too. Next year I am going with this too, maybe... I'll start late and pick a word for the year:-)
I understand completely what you are saying about forgiveness, I too find it challenging, to forgive but not forget is hard to put to sleep in my brain. I am sorry someone has hurt you and made you face this tough chore, I am sure you will suceed and be much happier for it:-)
On a lighter note... I am jealous of your fresh blanket of snow, we had snow last night followed by pounding rain, just mud now :-)
Have a great day!
Bella

Yolanda said...

You have chosen a wonderful word and one we all could use . Hope you have having a good day.

Simone said...

Love your beautiful photograph and your sentiments! I could not agree more acceptance and forgiveness are two vitally important words. The older I become the more I appreciate this fact!

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

What a wonderful idea for a personal challenge. I like this SO much better than a list of New Year's Resolutions.

You have picked two words (in your two years) that I could really stand to work on. I think maybe "acceptance" would be the one I'd pick. The older I get, the more opportunities are presented for me to work on that one!

Piecefulafternoon said...

Amazing photo - and what a word - I'm not sure I'd be up to that one - it is a big order. My word for this year is Honor - lots of applications for that, in so many ways.

Good luck on your journey.