Tuesday, June 21, 2011

First Day of Summer


Today is the first full day of summer
and we have thunderstorm warnings.
Not what the weather people predicted.
Which was a hot dry summer.
Time will tell how accurate they are.

One of my favourite things about summer is the beautiful flowers.
These pictures were homework from Lesson 2 of my 
Capturing the Beauty of Flowers photography class.




"When you take a flower in your hand
and really look at it,
it's your world for the moment.
I want to give that world to someone else."

`George O'Keeffe`

Yahoo!! Summer has arrived.








14 comments:

Alison said...

Happy Solstice! You took some wonderful photos, especially like the one of the Gaillardia from the back.

carole brungar said...

What a pretty blog you have! I'm pleased I dropped by :))

Sarah Knight said...

Lovely!

Heather said...

I guess you can say that Summer came roaring in then! Oh and that's a beautiful shot - the last one - looking backwards on the bloom, how lovely!

Lavender Cottage said...

Hi Jen
And capture you did! Amazing photos.
Judith

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

You certainly succeeded in capturing the beauty of flowers.These are stunning.

Kate/High Altitude Gardening said...

Yahoo, indeed! 'Bout time it started feeling like summer. What a fun class to take. You obviously graduated with honors. ;>) Love that backwards perspective on the Blanket Flower.

Birds, Bees, Berries, and Blooms said...

Wow! What color. That photo of the lupine is stunning! It made me feel at peace immeaditly! Thank you so much for sharing.

Georgianna said...

Hi dear Jen,

I can see you are learning so much in your glass. These are beautiful photos, especially the lupine where you can see all the details. And I had not read that quote before – how amazing! That's how I feel about it.

Happy Summer!! xoxo – g

Porch Days said...

Your photos are, as always, stunning. I love photographing flowers. We are having downpours and thunderstorms every day. At least I haven't had to water the garden very often this summer! Nancy

Piecefulafternoon said...

Lovely!

Suzy said...

And capture you did!!
Beautiful...I give you an a+

My Little Home and Garden said...

I found myself saying "ohhhh" with delight at your gorgeous photographs. Just lovely!

Denise said...

Absolutely gorgeous!