Thursday, October 13, 2011

Christmas Presents???

 I know, why am I thinking about Christmas when Halloween has not arrived, but I make them. This year I am doing table toppers and using the Twister pattern by Ursula Riegel, same pattern as in the photo below.


But I am going to use this fabric selection.


The pattern calls for 4 fat quarters and it will make 2 table toppers.

If you have been reading my blog for awhile you know I like to take
photographs, so I had to play a bit.




Last August I posted about a new mystery quilt I was working on.
You can find it here.

It is finished and my Son & DIL picked it for their wedding quilt.



I was surprised they would select such a bright quilt,
 but my DIL just loved it when she saw it. 
There are roses with leaves quilted as an all over pattern on it.
Another UFO off the list and the wedding quilt done...Yah!!!

Exchanging Vows-July 23, 2011


Have a wonderful day and thanks for visiting.








14 comments:

Sheila said...

I'm making table toppers and aprons as Christmas gifts. I made two hexagons just building our from a middle square but think i'll look for your pattern in my pattern basket. I'm pretty sure I have it. Your mystery quilt has found a grateful and welcoming home from the sounds of it.

camp and cottage living said...

Your quilt work is beautiful. I've been thinking of Christmas gifts too. After all it takes a while to make them.
I'd forgotten that you live in Canada too. How has your fall weather been?

Lavender Cottage said...

Hi Jen
Nothing like home made gifts, and your quilted pieces will surely be welcome by the recipients.
The best I can do for home made is to bake individual sized cakes and cookies. But they go over well too!
Judith

Snap said...

The quilt is beautiful! Lovely gift for your son and daughter-in-law. I love the pattern for the table toppers! They will be wonderful.

Cass @ That Old House said...

Your quilting is gorgeous! I am in awe. Your DIL made a wise choice -- that quilt is a treasure.
Cass

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

Whoever is at the receiving end of those gifts,is very lucky.

Alison said...

Home-made/handmade gifts are the best! You are a very talented quilter. My mom has done a little quilting, and it is very intricate and time-consuming work. I love the wedding quilt, my favorite colors! I love the fabrics you chose for your table toppers too.

Riet said...

Oh I love that quilt, beautiful and I love the tabletopper too. They will make lovely gifts.
Have a nice day.

cindy said...

What a neat idea for Christmas presents. You could stick a little cookbook in with the apron. How neat!!

cindy

schöngeist for two said...

wunderschön deine Genächten Sachen und es freut mich dass das Brautpaar über deine Decke sich freute..
ich wünsche dir ein schönes Wochenende!
Liebe Grüsse Elke

skoots1mom said...

i'm eager to see your table topper...that's a great pattern.
love your colors better ;)

Lona said...

What pretty fabric. It will make beautiful table toppers. The quilt is just beautiful!

Pondside said...

The lucky gift recipients! I like that table topper...and the quilt...who wouldn't love that colour combination.

Jo (Pieceful Afternoon) said...

Such pretty colors - and that quilt - it just dazzles the eye!!! A wonderful gift.