Sunday, January 1, 2012

2011 Fades and 2012 Shines Bright

Hello everyone,  I must admit I am not sorry to see 2011 come to an end. It started with the passing away of my Dad and Mother-in-law within 10 days of each other and the struggles the family had coping with all the firsts...first Fathers Day without etc. Today my brothers and I had lunch and laughed and cried reminiscing about Dad. I told the story about going by my Dad's home and getting excited because the new owners had replaced the windows. My first thought was to hurry home, phone Dad and tell him, shocked myself for a minute, shook my head and laughed. It was nice to close the year in a positive way.

Every year I pick a word that I try to live by, last year it was Forgiveness. 
This year it is Peace and I am going to try and find some.


My wish for each of you is Peace,
 which does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise,
 trouble or hard work. 
It means to be in the midst of those things and still
be calm in your heart.


I embrace 2012 and its' new beginning...photography classes and club, Scottish Country Dance classes, a trip to the Caribbean this winter, all my Unfinished quilt projects I am going to try and finish and the birth of my first grandchild. 

Goodbye 2011 and
Welcome 2012!!!









16 comments:

cathy@home said...

I love having a word at the beginning of the year this year mine is "Health".

Pondside said...

Such a lot of good things ahead of you after such a difficult year. I wish you all the best of 2012!

Alison said...

Happy New Year to you! I wish for a peaceful year for you too. My MIL passed in 2010, and it took my husband quite a while to get over the urge to tell her things.

schöngeist for two said...

eine wunderschöne Post und ich wünsche dir auch und deine Familie Frieden 2012 und auf der Welt...

Lieben Gruss Elke

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

I do pray that 2012 will be a year of blessings and peace at all levels for you.

cindy said...

Thank you for your kind words. Beautiful pictures.

take care-
cindy

Jo (Pieceful Afternoon) said...

A fabulous post - great photos and a wonderful view of how things are in your life. May this be a year full of adventures and peace for you.

I'm still thinking what my word will be, though perseverance comes to mind often.

Gardening in a Sandbox said...

Love that ice blue photo of the lake. So majestic. Happy New Year. V

ann said...

Happy New Year, to yo as well.

Lona said...

Peace is a wonderful word for the year. When everything around you is in chaos and you still feel at peace is I think knowing God is in control.
Sounds like you have some wonderful plans for 2012. Enjoy your life Jen.
Happy New Year.

Porch Days said...

Peace is a good word for all of us. I hope we find it - and you too, of course.

Scotkat said...

Enjoyed your blog Jen .

Happy New Year

Wonderful Photos

guild-rez said...

Happy New Year
Peace To All...
Love your pictures.
- Cheers Gisela.
Ontario Blogger

Sheila said...

It was a year of loss and changes for you. I hope that the coming year will be filled with all the things that bring you peace. I think of I were to choose a word - it would be "fitness". It's time to choose the way I want to live the rest of my life!

Red Rose. said...

Nature is a gift from God.
How beautifully it decorates itself with white wedding sheet.

Wish you good health and happiness.
RedRose.

Rettabug said...

Wonderful intentions, Jen! I should try doing that.
Congrats on the upcoming birth of your first g'child!!! It will truly change your world forever.

Hugs,
Rett