Wednesday, February 29, 2012

In The Sun, Sand and Surf

Hubby and I headed south last week to visit the Island of St. Lucia. 
Where we stayed at Smugglers Cove Resort and Spa.



 It is located on west side of the island at the very top end.
My goal for the week was to sit in one of these...




under a palm tree and read my book.




But the old body has a hard time staying in one position
so we also walked around the gardens,


and along the beach watching the waves.



We took day trips to the market, to visit the rainforest, sulphur springs and an island tour.
Everyday we would head down to the shore to watch the sun set.
The island is so close to the equator it sets very quickly and in a matter
of minutes it has dropped below the horizon. 




A beautiful sight.

I enjoyed your visit, come again.
Take care.














17 comments:

Sheila said...

Glad you had such a relaxing holiday. St Lucia looks like a beautiful spot to vacation!

Crafty Gardener said...

Wonderful photos from a wonderful trip. You captured some amazing memories in photos.

skoots1mom said...

mmmmmmmmm, that sounds good

annie hoff said...

Oh wonderful sun. What I wouldn't give to be there at the moment. It looks beautiful

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

OH so pretty. The sunset may be quick,but it is still gorgeous.

Nancy said...

What a gorgeous place...Your pictures are awesome...
This is the perfect time of the year to go to the islands....

ann said...

I enjoyed the virtual vacation that took me on. Thank you; I needed that.

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

What a fabulous vacation! Great photos.

herry tan said...

Wooowww..., this blog very cool ..., i like it

if u have time visit n follow my blog
herry-tan.blogspot.com.. thanks

herry tan said...

Wooowww..., this blog very cool ..., i like it

if u have time visit n follow my blog
herry-tan.blogspot.com.. thanks

Lona said...

Oh Jen what a beautiful getaway spot to visit. Looks like paradise to me. Just beautiful.

Laura Delegal - Leroy Photography said...

Beautiful captures. I hope you enjoyed your getaway. Summer vacations never come quick enough for me.

Lavender Cottage said...

Great photos Jen! Looks like a nice resort.
Judith

kelly said...

Beautiful photos. Love the beach crashing against the rocks.

Kelly

lisa said...

Ooooo, lucky you!!
Beautiful photographs of a beautiful place.
Sending you wishes for a wonderful weekend!

Porch Days said...

Wonderful photos. That last sunset is fantastic!! Enlarge it and frame it to remind you of your vacation.

Georgianna said...

Hello, dear Jen. I'm so happy you had this gorgeous getaway! I can imagine it was difficult to leave the warmth and the incredible sunsets.

I hope you are well and having a great week.

xo – g