Monday, April 30, 2012

Texture Tuesday - Stormy Day

The challenge this week was to use two of Kim's textures and to look in the archives, 
she wanted us to shake things up.




I went into my own archives and found a fall scene with stormy skies.
Added providence at multiply 100%, added a mask to brush off some texture.
Added providence again at multiply 20%, added a mask to again brush off some texture.
Added grey day slate at colour burn 21%, added a mask to brush off a little texture.
A typical rainy grey day with the sun and blue skies peeking out.

I am joining Kim for Texture Tuesday.
Thanks for stopping by and enjoy your day!!


11 comments:

EG CameraGirl said...

This turned out very well. I'm impressed!

Anna said...

Hi Jen,
What a successful use of textures. I like how you've emphasized the drama of the scene further w/ the textures to mute nonessential elements and thus, make the viewer focus even more on your subjects. Very nice!
Wishing you a great week :)

The French Hutch said...

Beautiful textures. Your photograph is stunning. I am slowly getting into photoshop editing, something I find I really enjoy.
Hope you are having a great week.

~Emily
the French Hutch

Gardening in a Sandbox said...

Love the colouration in the clouds. Very moody. V

Magdalena said...

Beautiful!
Greetings from Poland ✿ܓ
Magdalena

Lona said...

The shot is a gorgeous one in its self but the coloring you have done really makes it stand out. Great job Jen.

Teacup-In-The-Garden said...

What a great picture!
Have a wonderful week,
Markus

Mary Lou said...

Wonderful editing and great finished product!

Carol said...

That's beautiful!

lisa. said...

This is a beautiful photograph Jen!

Georgianna said...

Wow, Jen! I'm so impressed with what you did with this image! Very sophisticated use of textures and layering and my, what a final effect! I'm really excited to see you experimenting and getting such great results!! - g