Monday, May 28, 2012

Colour Me Weekly -Yellow Iris

Hello, It is hard to believe another week has pasted and it is time for Rosie's Colour Me Weekly. It has been one of those weeks were everything caught up with me. My son came home for a weeks visit, there was the Horticultural Plant Sale I was organizing-it was a great success, all the plants sold-and a birthday dinner on Sunday.

While cleaning up of my Dad's house last year I dug up some of his iris, as a memorial to plant in my garden. I have waited in suspense all spring to find out their colour. Image my surprise when three of the four groups turned out to be all the same colour.  They are a beautiful sunny yellow, the last group has not flower yet. The buds are not yellow but either deep blue or purple.




I am linking with Leaves n' Bloom for Colour Me Weekly.

Thank you for stopping in and have a fantastic day!!!



16 comments:

pembrokeshire lass said...

What a lovely shaped and coloured iris. A living memorial for you! Joan

julieQ said...

How beautiful! Such a love yellow!

Lavender Cottage said...

A nice golden iris Jen.
Judith

Riet said...

What a beautiful yellow this is. Beautiful iris.

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

Beautiful Iris Joan....nice to have been able to do that. I'm waiting for mine to open up right now; they are purples..just see a touch of colour so far. have a great day!

winnsangels said...

Beautiful sunshiny yellow. So happy that you saved these in memory of your father.
Thank you for the beautiful greeting to my Monday.
Angel blessings. xo

Heather said...

The palette is perfect Gorgeous Shot.

Rosie Leavesnbloom said...

Well you certainly have been busy! What a very special iris and such a lovely colour aswell. Iris flowers are always so attractive looking and they just glisten in the sunshine.

Deanna said...

so so beautiful....what a nice rememberance

Linda Makiej said...

how very beautiful!!

Naturegirl said...

Jen gorgeous sunny yellow! One of the colors that I highlight in my wooded garden! have a wonderful week in your garden! xo

Diana Taylor said...

What a lovely flower - more unusual to see bright yellow - and I love the colour palette you put with it.

Casa Mariposa said...

Beautiful! I love how cheerful yellow flowers are. :o) What a wonderful remembrance of your father.

Sheila said...

Thats lovely that your Dad's Iris have bloomed. I brought a small shoot of my mother's lilac here but it took years to bloom. I'm waiting for it to bloom. You sure had a busy week!

Gardening with Juanita said...

Love the yellow the Iris is beautiful mine have all bloomed, some will rebloom in the fall. I am in South Ar.

Gardening with Juanita said...

Mine have all bloomed love this yellow Iris some of mine will rebloom in the fall.