Tuesday, May 15, 2012

A Purple Mum for Mother's Day

I received a gorgeous bouquet of flowers for Mother's Day.
Thank you Laura.
It contained a selection of purple delphinium, white larkspur,
 siberian iris, gerbera daisies, pussy willow and this mum.
I spent many hours photographing all the different flowers, but I 
was continually drawn back to this purple mum.
It is perfect for the Texture Tuesday and Colour Me Weekly challenges.





The challenge for Kim's eDition this week was to use one of her textures.
I used Ohmy using soft light at 28% and then added
Letgo using Multipy at 75%.

To see what everyone else has submitted for
Texture Tuesday stop by The Cafe.




I took the textured photo back to Photoshop to pick some
complimentary colours to make a colour storyboard.
Colour Me Weekly is hosted by Rosie at
Leaves n Bloom.

Take care!!!





17 comments:

Susan said...

Jen,

This is just gorgeous! Great job.

Have a blessed day!

Nancy's Notes said...

Stunning!

ann said...

The mum is beautiful and I love the color palate. You will have to share your photo secrets, such as lighting and setting because your photo is perfectly beautiful.

The Artful Diva said...

It's easy to understand why you were drawn to the purple mum. It is beautiful. Your story board is really cool too!

Cherie said...

Absolutely lovely!

Sherri B. said...

It is no wonder that you kept coming back to that glorious mum, beautiful indeed! xo

johanna said...

gorgeous storyboard!

schöngeist for two said...

Wunderschön!!!

lieben Gruss Elke

Diana Taylor said...

What a gorgeous colour flower - I love how you've photographed it, and the colour palette is beautiful.

camelia danielescu said...

How nice ...

Rosie Leavesnbloom said...

Jen the perspective you've taken this still life from is great and that mum is so appealing to the eye - no wonder you singled it out. The whole bouquet sounds as if it is so pretty. Loved that colour palette aswell - thanks for joining in this week.

Marilyn said...

This is lovely. Bet the bouquet was beautiful. Great processing.

Ruth said...

Oh, I love the image together with those storyboard colours running down the side, gorgeous mix of colours, and I love the composition of the photo itself too :)

Holly from 300 Pounds Down said...

I love this . It is so beautiful. One of my absolute favorite colors. I love what you did!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

WOW! Is that just one flower? How beautiful...of course I love the shade of lavender!

Lona said...

Simply beautiful Jen. Your pictures are so lovely. I like that color palate. Have a wonderful week.

lisa. said...

This is truly beautiful Jen.
I love this color combination.
The assortment of flowers in your bouquet sound wonderful.