Tuesday, June 5, 2012

An Angel in the Garden

I have always wanted a Buddha for the garden and have gone shopping for one countless times. I will browse the statuary section until I find one that I like, put it in the cart and turn to leave when I spy an angel smiling at me across the way. A lifting of the spirit happens, a small smile forms on my face and I am putting the Buddha back and another angel comes home with me.

They are tucked into corners and under plants all over the garden. I have even found one sitting on a fence post on a deserted country road. 

Texture Tuesday's prompt was to use a quote and at least one of Kim's textures.





Recipe for the above image -
In Aperture 3 or Lightroom increase the exposure by 1 full stop.
Reduce the contrast by 15 - 20%.
Reduce the saturation by 60 - 70%.
Reduce the amount of black by 15%
Increase vibrance is keep some colour.
(This recipe came from Georgianna Lane)
I then took the image to Photoshop, added 'let go'/soft light/30% and cherish/soft light/50%.
My name was added along with the quote.
Linking to Texture Tuesday over at The Cafe.
Have you every wondered what colours can be pulled from an image? I have,
so I took the original image back to Photoshop to see what colour combinations
I could find.


The soft relaxing pallet containing greens and browns was my favourite.
Rosie at LeavesnBloom hosts Colour Me Weekly.
Thanks for stopping in and
have a fabulous day!!!

19 comments:

Crafty Gardener said...

I'm sure your angel looks lovely in the garden. I'm not an angel person but I do have a buddah :)

Lavender Cottage said...

Hi Jen
Not having the skills you do for photography, I can't appreciate all the layering you've done. I can look at the photo and think how nice it is though.
Judith

The Artful Diva said...

Great quote! It goes well with the photo too. I love statuary in the garden.

Gardening in a Sandbox said...

Hi Jen; your soft focus is lovely. I think the angels have arranged a beautiful day for us today. Valerie

Kate/High Altitude Gardening said...

Beautiful angel. And a great tutorial, as well. )

Mona's Picturesque said...

I'm so in love with this TT Quote -edition ♥ Your entry is wonderful. Perfect pic and quote!!

Carolyn said...

Love your new angel and the photoshop work you did on it too.

Carolyn

Rosie Leavesnbloom said...

I'm not a buddah person either but I have fairies in the garden which probably could be angels.

Isn't it nice to pop them into a little corner to surprise our garden guests as they walk around. Your's looks so sweet. Thanks for joining in this week with Colorme Weekly.

bailey-road.com said...

This is lovely.

Ruth said...

Just perfect :)

lisa. said...

What a wonderful garden ornament Jen!
Love the color board you did with the image.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Angels in the garden are always welcoming and comforting! I love your photos!

Sharon said...

Lovely angel photos! The pallet is so beautiful, too!

Nancy Claeys said...

Adorable garden ornament -- and I love your edit. :)

Lona said...

I love your new angel Jen. How adorable. They always look so wonderful in a garden. Wonderful photo!

Pieni Lintu said...

Lovely!!!

Michelle said...

Soft, dreamy, like the edits done. Lovely garden ornamentation!

Naturegirl said...

Oh my I can see why she spoke to your heart! Lovely editing!Too complicated for me to play with!

Georgianna said...

Hi Jen,

Lovely, peaceful image indeed. Garden angels are very special. Thank you for sharing my editing recipe. I think your image came out beautifully!

– g