Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Trying to Stay Cool

Hello Everyone, The temperatures here in Southern Ontario have been extremely hot for this time of year, the weather 'people' are staying we are in a drought. I didn't need them to tell me that, my garden tells me everyday how very unhappy it is. It would need at least 3 to 4 days of steady rain to bring a smile to everything. There is not much I could even show you, all the flowers hang their heads in sadness. The only thing exciting is the white grub damage done to the back lawn. But I will save that for another time. So with this terrible heat I have been trying find ways to stay cool.
'Sunkissed & Elevate' textures used.




Sharing with Texture Tuesday.
Thank you for the visit.



12 comments:

Snap said...

Ice cream is a sure way to stay cool ... or try too!

Lindsay Drya said...

Mmmm icecream! I love these hot summer times. :)

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

Chapman's ice-cream is the best.Actually the only kind I buy.Stay cool and enjoy the ice-cream.

The Artful Diva said...

Now that's a great idea to stay cool!

bailey-road.com said...

A visit to an ice cream shop is always a good way to cool off! Nice shot!

Lisa Gordon said...

What a great photograph this is!
Same here in NY with the heat and the lack of rain. We did get some rain early Monday morning, but we need a whole lot more to make the plants happy once again.

Scrappy Grams said...

that looks tasty! I had no idea that the drought was up your way. We had a rainstorm this morning in Indiana; I hope some comes your way, not necessarily a storm, but rain.

Jean Baardsen said...

I love ice cream! Thanks for sharing!

Sleec Photos said...

Mmmm....I'm so tempted. A perfect summery capture.

Hildred and Charles said...

A very enticing photo. Have you tried a Rain Dance? Anything is worth it for the thirsty plants.

Gardening in a Sandbox said...

Ice cream would be a wonderful way to beat the heat. Love the textures on your photo. Valerie

Sylvia said...

I love ice cream, lovely photo !
We had rain almost the entire month of June and July, finally this week lots of sunshine ...
Thanks for your nice comment,
Sylvia