Saturday, August 18, 2012

Against The Wall!!!

Well the wall hanging made it.
Is has found a resting place after a long journey.
Months ago I asked bloggers to help me decide on the background
fabric for the compasses. Everyone came up with some fabulous ideas and I
took everyones opinion into consideration when I started piecing all the blocks together.


I was going to use it as a headboard in one of the spare bedrooms.
But how many spare bedrooms does a person need so I am making one into a
'studio' just for me. A place where I can go to sew, edit pictures, sit and read a book or do nothing.
So the Mariner's Compass hangs between two leather sofas in the TV room.
Between the time I posted about the finished top and now I was contacted by a
book publishing company. They wanted to use the picture of the wall hanging
on a book cover. They changed the colour and sent me this picture of what the book jacket would
look like. I do not know if they used it, but I was still happy someone else loved it as much as I.

Thank you for the visit and have a wonderful weekend!!!


13 comments:

canuckquilter said...

Your Mariners Compass quilt is beautiful. How fun that it ended up on a book jacket too!

Lona said...

Oh Jen it turned out just beautiful.It goes perfectly against that wall.

Brenda said...

Congratulations on two...the room for you and the request for the quilt photo on a bookjacket. WOW! Way to get out there.
Cheers from Oshawa

Gardening in a Sandbox said...

I am biased but I like your colors better. Another beautiful quilt. Valerie

Rohrerbot said...

You did a great job. Beautiful! And congrats on the book cover.

ann said...

It's beautiful. I can sew. I do sew. But quilting gets the best of me. I do appreciate the skill and work that goes into a project and yours is lovely.

ann said...

It's beautiful. I can sew. I do sew. But quilting gets the best of me. I do appreciate the skill and work that goes into a project and yours is lovely.

Sheila said...

Congratulations times two! Your original quilt is amazing Jen! That's wonderful that you are now a published quilter but I do prefer your colours especially with the border! I've just moved my sewing area into a bedroom and it's not yet finished but I'm enjoying it in the meantime.

Lisa Gordon said...

The wall hanging is just beautiful Jen. I think I like your color combination better though. :-)
Congratulations for being contacted by the book publishing company. This is so truly well-deserved.
Wishing you a wonderful day!
xo.

Marydon said...

Kudos, Jen. What a lovely quilt & book cover it made also. I love the color choices & your studio will be lovely with it as part of the decor.

Have a great week ~
TTFN ~
Marydon

Jennifer said...

Hi Jen, I haven't made a quilt in years, but I remember enough to know how much work and skill went into your quilt. You must be very proud, because it looks fantastic. The possibility that it may be a book cover is very exciting. Congratulations!

Pondside said...

I like your colours best, but WOW - that is something, to have your quilt on a book cover!

libbyquilter said...

a gorgeous quilt and congratulations on the book cover~!

:-)
libbyQ