Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Signs of Spring!!!


THE SNOWDROP
by Lord Alfred Tennyson


Many, many welcomes,
February fair-maid,
Every as of old time,
Solitary firstling,
Coming in the cold time,
Prophet of the gay time,
Prophet of the May time,
Prophet of the roses,
Many, many welcomes,
February fair-maid!


These small delightful signs of spring are blooming in the garden
and I am beyond happy to see them.
Hope it is a sign of an early spring, 
they are very early flowering
in my garden.







6 comments:

Pondside said...

I had never read that poem. I love the thought of the snowdrop as a lovely prophet or forerunner of all that is to come.

Ruth Hiebert said...

Beautiful photo.

Lisa Gordon said...

I've been looking for mine, Jen, but they are nowhere to be found!
I think it's going to be a while yet, but I can look at this one, and think about what is to come.

This is truly a beautiful photograph.

I hope that you are having a wonderful week, my friend. xo.

Ida said...

I don't have them in my garden but I've seen them out and about on walks. They are such a charming little flower and a welcome sight in early spring.

Gardenmomma Chris said...

I love snow drops and I love that poem. It longs for the Spring and so do I!!!

Roses, Lace and Brocante said...

The Snowdrop is my favourite Spring flower - I love it's simplicity and perfection.
The Snowdrop nods it's head shyly as if trying to hide from prying eyes - unlike the daffodil blowing it's huge yellow trumpet for all to see!
An exquisite image Jen.
Shane