Friday, April 9, 2010

Frog for the Garden

Had a visit with my Dad this afternoon and came away with this frog,  he had bought it for my garden.


 The frog is certainly a loud color and will need to be auditioned in a few locations before the perfect place is found...maybe peaking out of the Iris, a hosta or fountain grass. For now it sits on my kitchen island with some house plants. 

The weather this week has been so cold and wet, there was even snow this afternoon.  But, the weatherman has promised warmer temperatures for the weekend and coming week.  I have my fingers and toes crossed hoping he is right.  Hope you have great gardening weather this weekend :)

13 comments:

joey said...

Frogs are good, especially as a gift from a belfoved father :)

jenana said...

It's the feet. It's all about the feet. :) I love it!

Catherine@AGardenerinProgress said...

What a sweet gift from your father! I think it's going to look cute in your garden.

Laura..DancesWithTeddyBears said...

I love your frog. I love frogs!
I'm sure you'll find the perfect place for froggie to adorn.
Our weather seems to be just like yours. My fingers and toes are crossed for both of us. I want to garden!
Have a great weekend!
Hugs,
Laura

Edith Hope said...

Dear Jennifer, What a very splendid gift and he does have something of a twinkle in his eye which makes him rather appealing. So much better than a live frog which, whilst doing such good in the garden - eating slugs, etc. - I find a little alarming.

Your idea of tucking him in amongst foliage is a very good one but, as you, say he may well need to audition for the right position. Are you naming him?

Amy said...

Those are the kind of frogs that I like. I just don't like the real ones jumping out at me. :/
Very cute!

A Garden of Threads said...

I did not think of naming it, how about Freddy the Frog? Hmmm, will have to think a bit more about that, any suggestions.:)

julieQ said...

I love your garden froggie!! What a nice thing for your dad to do.

Gardening in a Sandbox said...

He is cute anyway. Should look good peaking out of some foliage. Valerie

Iowa Gardening Woman said...

Oh, I love it! Brightly color things make for fine garden yard art.

keewee said...

I love the frog, it will make a splash in your garden.

Deb said...

I have a little frog in my kitchen that once belonged to my mother. I'm sure you will find that special place for this guy. I hope for good weather too because we finally have a quiet weekend and I would love to start playing in the yard and planting some potted flowers. Deb

Shevvy said...

He's so cute, I'm sure you will have fun with him.