Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Quilt Challange

  One of my challanges for the spring was to finish the 9 blocks of McKenna Ryan's 'Faith, Hope, Love' quilt and I have finially accomplished that.  I purchased the 9 patterns and fabric as a kit while my son was in Afghanistan with the Canadian Army. The fabric is nature inspired and each pattern title conveyed how I was feeling or trying to feel at the time.  I am going to quilt each block individually and mount on a stretched canvas frame, thereby getting 9 small quilts to hang together in a grouping.


Block names First row: Majesty and Peace
Block names Second row: Hope and Harmony


Block names: Faith and Promise

Block names: Love and Awaiting

This last block is called Tenderness.  My son has been back for almost a year and is doing well.  I love the quilt as much now as when I first saw it on line almost 2 years ago.  I can take one more project off my UFO list...Yahoo!, only one more to finish and upteen dozen to quilt.

9 comments:

Edith Hope said...

Dear AGOT, This quilt will, I know, be beautiful when complete and something to be treasured for years to come. Far too few people have the patience nowadays for this kind of work which is in itself such a pity.

It must have been a very worrying time for you with your son serving abroad in a battle zone. I am so glad that he has returned home safely.

julieQ said...

What a beautiful heartfelt collection! I love the subtle rich colors.

BeautifulDees said...

Oh you are such a kind wonderful gal.Your post is absolutely beautiful, what and artist you are. Thank you for not giving up on me.
Love ya, Debbie

Catherine@AGardenerinProgress said...

It's going to be beautiful. I love all of the different patterns. I have a friend that is a serious quilter and I'm always amazed at how much work goes into one.
Glad your son returned home safely and is well.

heather.bell@rogers.com said...

This is gorgeous - can't wait to see the finished project. Wish I could take something off my UFO list too.

GloriaBonde said...

Your quilt is a work of art. I often think that gardening is an art. We paint with plants and more.

jenana said...

I have a great deal of interest in learning to quilt. It's on my to do list. :) Your blocks are just gorgeous!!

Ebie said...

These are lovely prints. I am not familiar with quits, are they hand sewn? If so, you have a lot of patience.

Shevvy said...

These are beautiful, at first I thought they were watercolours. They will may a wonderful display all individually quilting. Can't wait to see what they look like.