Saturday, May 8, 2010

Camera Critters - Dinner Companion

I was sitting on Sparks Street in Ottawa eating a Mr. Sub, when my dinner companion quickly arrived for some handouts.


So I handed out some of the bun in small pieces and we had a one sided conversation about how my day had been.  But he ate faster then I could get shots off. So I offered a larger portion of my Mr. Sub.



My companion politely made the piece of bun smaller and we continued our conversation while I took a few more photos, all was well until another dinner guest arrived.



This little sparrow was not as polite and off he went with dinner. 
So my dinner companion and I parted ways, he to do pigeon stuff and I to head back to my hotel.

Visit Misty Dawn for more great Camera Cittters.

22 comments:

Gardening in a Sandbox said...

That pidgeon better learn to get his snack while he can. Valerie

eileeninmd said...

great photos, you pigeon has some pretty colors!

cindy said...

How mean of the sparrow. He needs to learn to share.

Take care-

siromade08 said...

Good to have companion, u had fun with shots too . very clear captures...

Self Sagacity said...

How cute. Well, if your dinner companion was a male, they are always in a hurry. LOL.

Snap said...

Wonderful series about your dinner companions! Love this post! Happy critter day!

Pondside said...

I hope your time in Ottawa was good and that you saw lots of tulips!

chubskulit said...

Gorgeous shots!

Mother Goose

Ann said...

It was well worth parting with your bun for those lovely photo's of the pigeon and the sparrow. Lovely post.

EG Wow said...

Hahaha! I hope you didn't encourage him. :)

Denise said...

Very cute dialog and I enjoyed these wonderful close-ups of your little feathered friends.

Alissa said...

Great shots, birds are difficult to photograph because they keep $#*! flying away ;)

Forgetfulone said...

Great shots! Birds have such pretty colored-feathers.

Greyscale Territory said...

Wonderful little dialogue to complement the delightful series of photos!

Kerri said...

I think the Pigeon is Beautiful!

jabblog said...

Even a one-sided conversation can be fun, as your photos clearly show. Lovely shots!

allhorsestuff said...

HAHA!
Nice series...!

We had a similar bird companion show up yesterday at lunch, after a trail ride in the woods...he was a bit aggressive though..and foreboding. Ravens just emanate the dark side!

lina@happy family said...

great shots...love seeing the birds :)

Thanks for dropping by

Lindy MacDuff said...

Wow, the pigeon is so colorful! I agree - sparrows tend not to be polite.

Thank you for your visit and comment on my Camera Critters post.

Wishing you an enjoyable weekend.

Tina said...

lol there is always one gatecrasher isnt there!


Tina from
Mummy Diaries
Gossip Avenue
Travel Shack
Game FreakZ

Willard said...

I like how the first shot shows the motion and the second is razor sharp.

Samantha ~ Holly and Zac ~ said...

aww, what a cute dinner companion you had there.

Nice shots!

Thank you for visiting my blog. :)