Friday, June 11, 2010

Fertilizer Friday

What is blooming today in the garden for



Come and join me for a quick tour of what is blooming in my garden for Fertilizer Friday. The weather is sunny but on the cool side, you may want a light coat.




This Tradescantia is a great combination of purple flowers and golden yellow foliage, I have a lot of shade in my garden so I look for interesting foliage.



The Foxglove have bloomed this year, they do not self seed very well in my garden.
So I have foxglove every other year.  This year I bought plants and hope to have flowers again next year.




 I think Heuchera sanguinea 'Splendens' has the best flowers of the many varieties of heuchera. 




I have both the white and blue Peach leaved Bellflower, Campanula persicifolia, growing in the garden. It self seeds freely around the garden and will grow in sun or shade, it does not care.




Fairy Tale Rose (Floribunda) is a new addition to the garden.
 It has lovely golden yellow flowers, is vigorous and disease resistant.
 I will have to see how well it grows in the garden.




This is a very hardy groundcover rose, the flowers are 1" across.
It grows 5 to 6" tall, but will spread 3 to 4 ' across.
It is salt tolerant and pest and disease free. 

I hope you have enjoyed spending some time with me in the garden.
I am joining Tootsie at Tootsie Time for Fertilizer Friday.

Happy gardening everyone!

23 comments:

Darla said...

Very nice. I like the contrast of the first plant too.

Bernie said...

All quite beautiful ... but I do so love that white groundcover rose and your Tradescantia. That's a fabulous combination of bright green and purple ... and I'm always a fan of a stunning white in the garden.

Jeannie B. said...

I love your vibrant flowers. My favorite is the white bell shaped flowers . they are so happy somehow.

Gardening in a Sandbox said...

Jen: Your flowers look gorgeous. Love the Tradescantia 'Sweet Kate'. I had one but lost it unfortunately. The yellow rose is so gorgeous. V

Pondside said...

Your debaucher is beautiful!
Out here, the foxgloves and bellflowers self seed and grow everywhere - like weeds! It's a good thing that I love them!

xinex said...

Your flowers are all so gorgeous....Christine

Jennifer said...

I made a huge bouquet of the first flowers white hydrangea and fuscia roses for a friend at the school I work at - it was really beautiful. I love giving fresh flowers as gifts...happy gardening stop by sometime...jennsthreegraces Jennifer

dancingmatilda said...

beautiful...i can't wait to have a garden!!!

siteseer said...

what beautiful colors!! Love the pinks, purples, and yellows.

B Boys Mom said...

I just planted some Foxglove I didn't know they had to reseed. I was hoping to to have them every year.

Ann said...

Thank you for the tour around your garden, I enjoyed it, your flowers are beautiful.

Angel said...

Your flowers are Lovely! The Spiderwort is always stunning. I like using it to brighten up all the darker greens,it's a nice contrast.Love the Foxglove, and Beautiful yellow rose! Enjoy your garden:)

Claudia@DipityRoad said...

Your flowers are lovely and your photos of them display very well.

Stop by sometime and join us on Friday~Finding Beauty.

Your talent would inspire everyone with your vision.

Hugs,
Claudia ♥ ♥

Rosie@Journey to Charm said...

Beautiful flowers. The first plant is stunning. I like the contrast, too.

Hocking Hills Gardener said...

What a wonderful rose. I love your Fairy Tale. Just so pretty. What a great contrast between the foliage of the Tradescantia and the purple blooms. Striking. Such pretty flaunts for today.

Sandy aka Doris the Great said...

That Spiderwort is beautiful! I love the color of the foliage. Your plants are ahead of us here in Nova Scotia, of course. I can't wait to eat Ontario peaches this summer! My favorites.

Thanks for visiting my blog. I really like yours and love your garden.

Mary Lou said...

Beautiful Jen. Have a great weekend.

Rosie@leavesnbloom/Centre of Interest said...

Lovely blooms - I'm glad I'm not the only one who struggles with foxgloves - I thought I was the only one. I love that little tradescantia too. I used to grow it many years ago. That sure is some spectacular ground cover rose with its little blooms.

Olga said...

How pretty all the flowers are. I love the yellow rose; it's so delicate.

Beth said...

Great photography! The campanula persicifolia is so very pretty! So is your heuchera with the brilliant pink flowers. Of course, love that foxglove-it's one of my very favorite flowers. I'm glad I stopped by to visit!
Beth

Porch Days said...

I made note of which flowers you say will bloom in shade. We are moving to New England and the yard is shady but I want lots of flowers.

Tootsie said...

Oh what a beautiful post!!!! I love your photos...just perfect! Your flowers are definitely worthy of a huge flaunt!
Thank you for joining in today. I have very much enjoyed my visit...I hope you will join in again soon!

siteseer said...

Love the yellow rose!! just stunning!