Thursday, August 12, 2010

A Flower in Your Heart

I am reading a wonderful book called The Meditative Gardener by Cheryl Wilfong and I would like to share a passage from the book. A gift of a flower to my blogging friends.



'Imagine strolling through a garden and chosing the most beautiful flower.
Feel its presence in your heart. Invite this blossom to grow in your heart.
Offer this flower of love to your most beloved person, without expecting anything in return.
Hand a flower to each of your friends, giving them the gift of love and Goodwill from
your heart, in the form of a beautiful flower.'

I am joining Claudia at Dipity Road for Finding Beauty.

12 comments:

Sheila said...

A beautiful quote. It reminds me of my father when he was elderly. He had a beautiful Camellia bush and he would gather the blossoms in an ice cream pail and take them to the clerks in the grocery store, the bank tellers, etc in the small village of Sooke. I think those ladies must have appreciated his gift of a beautiful flower to brighten their day.

Pondside said...

I loved that - what a beautiful image it conjures.

Crafty Gardener said...

What a beautiful quote. I'll add that book to my ever growing list of ones to read.

Sarah Knight said...

That is a lovely passage : )

Piecefulafternoon said...

Beautiful and touching.

FairfieldHouse said...

What a wonderful sentiment. Your gardens are beautiful as well as your photographs. I will have to keep my eyes open for that book.

Georgianna said...

What a charming idea! I'm not familiar with that book but will definitely look into it. Thank you for this – perfect for flower lovers!

Claudia@DipityRoad said...

Perfect sentament! (sp?)
I so agree with you. I think that is why I spend so much time photographing flowers... they speak to me... they bring love and joy as they grow in our gardens, then when we choose to GIVE them to a friend, look what they do.

They bring love and happiness.

Simple beauty.


Thanks so much for sharing yours with us at FFB :)

You always make me smile.

Your friend.
Claudia

cathleen said...

Absolutely beautiful, the flowers and the quote...thank you for sharing it.

Kate said...

Finding beauty... what a lovely idea for a meme. Must check this out. And, the book, too. That sounds like a must read when I'm hunkering down for the winter. :)

julieQ said...

Thank you for this bright spot!!

DoanLegacy said...

These are absolutely incredible, and gorgeous!