Wednesday, August 11, 2010

A Tour of My Garden

It is a beautiful day here at A Garden of Threads and I thought you might like a peek into my garden. We will start out front, by the side gate.




This phlox is growing to the right of the gate, it was a rescue from an elderly couples garden. I do not know its' name, but it has a wonderful scent. I will open the gate so we can go into the backyard.



This is the north side of the house and the garden receives only one hour of sun so there are many shade loving plants growing here. Heucheras, Japaneese Painted Ferns, Maidenhair Fern, Hostas and Bergenias.



This is the geranium 'Rozanne', it grows just inside the gate on the left and flowers from spring to fall.



To the right is a pea gravel patio with 4 chair. A wonderful place to sit in the evening.



Just before one of the veggie gardens is a garden full of Echinacea, Rudbeckia, Cosmos, Big Bluestem Grass, a Pagoda Dogwood Tree, a Weigela and a small Hop Tree. 
 We are heading for the woodland garden.



Let us step through the arbor into my native woodland area. It is so peaceful and cool among the trees.



Feel free to sit on the bench and watch the pine trees swaying in the breeze.
 The chickadees may stop by to see what you are up to.




Thank you for visiting today and have a wonderful day.


17 comments:

paula, the quilter said...

What a lovely garden!

Edith Hope said...

Dear Jennifer, What a delightful tour of your garden. I loved the 'woodland' area particularly. It looked so inviting for a hot summer day when one wants somewhere pleasantly shady with a seat on which to relax and enjoy a good book. Perfect.

Olga said...

Your garden is wonderful. It's so peaceful and inviting. The bench among the pines is such a great place to relax. Thank you for the tour.
Have a good day!

Sheila said...

You have a wonderful garden. It's lovely to see so many beautiful perennials flourishing and your seating areas look inviting. The bench in the forest would be a nice spot to sit peacefully and just listen to the birds. Thank you for taking us on a tour of your garden as requested!

canuckquilter said...

Thank you for sharing your wonderful garden. It seems like a beautiful, peaceful space.

Crafty Gardener said...

What a lovely variety of spots you have in your garden, something to enjoy at each different time of day.

Carolyn said...

Thank you for the wonderful tour of your garden- i loved seeing it . I can imagine it would be lovely to sit in it and watch the birds etc.
It is lovely to have the woodland garden also for a cool shady spot to sit.

Take care,
Carolyn

Piecefulafternoon said...

I had a wonderful time in the garden, I especially liked - ummm, well, I especially liked it all!!!!

Lovely photos - thanks.

Rettabug said...

What a special corner of the world you've created, Jennifer!!! It looks magical! I enjoyed the tour immensely.

I think I have the same plant, the geranium 'Rozanne, as you in my front pots. I need to go see if the name stick in still in it. It sure looks the same!

Rettabug said...

forgot to say "What an AWESOME shot you captured of the chickadee!!!"

Carol at Serendipity said...

Jennifer,

What a beautiful garden. The picture of the phlox is gorgeous. I love that soft scent that they give off. Also love the bench in the woods.

Have a great weekend.

Carol

Sarah Knight said...

Wow, that is a beautiful garden!
: )

Mary Lou said...

Wow Jen, what a beautiful place you have. I want to come sit on the bench and try to take it all in.Thanks for sharing it with the rest of us..

julieQ said...

HI Jen...wish I could come over for a real stroll, but I will enjoy the virtual one instead!! Lovely!

Rosey said...

Thanks for the tour. It was so pretty! You have created a wonderful place to enjoy.

Georgianna said...

Thank you so much for sharing your lovely, welcoming garden, Jen! I love the seating areas and focal points you've created. And I really love your wooden gate and fence! I hope you get to spend a lot of time there this weekend. :) g

Rhondi said...

Thanks for the tour of your garden. It's beautiful!