Wednesday, November 24, 2010

An Update

Sorry I have not been visiting but my life journey this last week has been so busy, trying to finish the wedding quilt, which is now on hold, as the new machine is not working. Thinking of trading it in.  The hockey Christmas quilt has stalled, no machine.


I spent most of the week at the hospital, my Dad was not doing very well for days and then today
a miracle, he has lost tonnes of the water he was retaining and his confusion has cleared.  He was heading off to get an angiogram this afternoon.  My sister-in-law and I spend most of this afternoon cleaning house and clearing areas for his walker. Everything is looking up.  
I would like to thank you for all your kind words and prayers.



On a happy note, I am so excited, my youngest son has proposed to his sweetie.
 Now we have two weddings in the planning stages.
I am so lucky, the brides to be are both lovely.

I played with these pictures in Photoshop using Betty Jo's textures Sea Glass 2.

Thanks for stopping in for a visit and take care! 
To my American friends, have a wonderful Thanksgiving.
 

12 comments:

Suzy said...

Good news all around!

Becca said...

Beautiful photos...don't you find playing in PS can take your mind away from things for a while? I'm happy to hear that your Dad is doing better. I guess I need to get caught up on your previous posts! It's such a busy time of year for everyone isn't it? I would love to see some photos of your quilts! Thanks for the Thanksgiving wishes.

Lavender Cottage said...

Hey Jen
Glad to hear your Dad is going to be OK.
Too bad a new machine is holding you back, hope this situation gets fixed real soon.
Judith

Carolyn said...

Your photos look so beautiful -I love the effect.
I too have been busy lately and I didn't realize your Dad was sick I hope all continue's to go well.
Congratulations on the upcoming weddings- two lovely girls in the family will a blessing I am sure.
Happy quilting!
Carolyn

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

good morning...don't worry over the quilts; it will all work out..and your photos are lovely as always...nice textures.....

Sheila said...

Wonderful news about your father. It's good that you have your sister by your side in times like this. Congratulations to the mother of the future grooms. It sounds as if the future months will be very exciting and busy for you. All the best!

Gardening in a Sandbox said...

Love the textures you chose for your photos. I am happy to see that your Dad is progressing well and he will back to his old self soon.

Pondside said...

It's that time of life, isn't it? Weddings, parent-worries, children joys and worries.....keep breathing and we'll all be here when you have time!

julieQ said...

Thank you...Thanksgiving is so much fun! I am praying for your Dad, he would probably be in my section of the hospital if he were here. Congratulations on two upcoming marraiges! Woohooo!

Toyin O. said...

Congratulations to your son and the bride to be; good luck with all the wedding plans.

Cozy Home Scenes said...

So glad that your dad is doing better.

Regarding the sewing machine, nothing is more frustrating than a messed up machine when you have projects to complete. You mentioned it was new and a Brother. I had trouble with a new Brother machine a few years ago. It took having to contact national and international headquarters to get a refund to buy a new machine. I hope you don't have to go that route! Sounds like you'll be very busy in a good way to get your projects done.

CONGRATS on your son's engagement.

Mary Lou said...

I'm so glad you're dad is better and that you're getting a new daughter in law. I know she must be wonderful and how lucky to have you for her mother in law.
Quilts will wait and I hope the new machine is on the horizon. I can't wait to see whenever they are done.