Thursday, March 3, 2011

Toddler Sitting

Last week I travelled north to Canadian Forces Base Petawawa, to toddler sit.  Sunday morning I loaded the car and started my 5 1/2 drive through picturesque Ontario. The weather was overcast and the roads clear, great driving weather.

I had a busy week looking after a 3 1/2 year old. One day was spent taking pictures around the house.


A pineapple from the kitchen.


Audrey the cat napping in a sunbeam.

One afternoon I went looking for outdoor subjects to photography 
while my charge was at a playday.




A shrub by the stream.

We had a wonderful week, watching movies and eating popcorn, playing in the snow
 and Saturday drove to Ottawa to visit the Museum of Nature. 
The weather all week was sunny and cold, until it was time to leave.
The 5 1/2 hour drive took closer to 7 hours because of snow and poor road conditions.


This is what the rock formations look like along the side of the road in Algonquin Park.

Thanks for the visit.



12 comments:

Scrappy Grams said...

I hear in your writing that you enjoyed the toddler sitting. I'm relieved that you're back home safe and sound.
Beautiful view of Algonquin Park. The kitty shot makes me miss having a kitty.

Piecefulafternoon said...

What a wonderful week - toddlers are such fun!!!

Gardening in a Sandbox said...

You took some lovely photos while you were away. Love the one with Audrey the cat. V

Pondside said...

I spent many happy weekends and overnights at CFB Petawawa when my sister and her husband were posted there with my nephews. In those days we were posted to Camp Borden and then later, lived in Bradford. I know that drive well. I can't think of a nice place for a little boy to spend his childhood - the woods, the beach - it's beautiful.

Sheila said...

You must have had a delightful week. I'm sure you must have been os happy to pull into your own driveway after such a long trek home. Your photos are just lovely!

Becca said...

Beautiful photos! That pineapple shot is stunning! I always adore kitty shots...especially sleeping kitties. Happy weekend!

Maria said...

Lovely photos, you still have winter also I see - same as here, I long so much for spring right now :)

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Wow! that's a long drive there and back! I'm glad you got to spend time with your little one. Sounds like you both had a good time together. Those Falls are amazing! I don't like driving in the wintertime when it's snowing so I can imagine that you were very glad to finally drive into your own driveway! I'm so happy that Spring is finally on the the way even though it doesn't look it here yet. Have a nice weekend and thank you for your visit and kind words concerning my grandbaby.

Hugs,
Sandi

canuckquilter said...

Beautiful pictures! I'm glad you enjoyed your time with the toddler. Yay for you, taking him to the Museum of Nature. I have very fond memories of frequent visits to that museum as a child.

Carol at Serendipity said...

Glad you had a good week. I am catching up after being away for a week. Your outdoor photos are wonderful.

Carol

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Thanks for sharing your nice week...and I'm impressed that you even had time to take some good(non-toddler-related) pictures!

I enjoyed playing with and toddler sitting (but not for a week) when we visited our great-grandsons lasst summer. It's actually very relaxing to play with kids that age!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I'm enjoying looking at more of your blog today! Your photos are incredible! ♥