Friday, June 17, 2011

What is New in the Garden!

I have spent many sunrises and sunsets in the garden taking photos for
my on-line photography class, 
Capturing the Beauty of Flowers by The Perfect Picture School of Photography. 
Here a selection of what was blooming in the garden this week.


I do not know the latin name of this plant, the common name is called Elephant Ears.
 The leaves are very large, grey in colour, fuzzy and have tall stalks of white flowers.


The John Cabot Explorer rose is just coming into flower.
 It has been a battle this year with the caterpillars eating all the leaves and flower buds.


This is the green leaf Tradescantia, I also have the yellow or golden leaf
Tradescantia, but it is not flowering yet.


The Golden Leaf Mock Orange is just starting to bloom.
There is a wonderful scent from the flowers and the bumblebees
are very busy working within the flowers.


This peachy apricot coloured Poppy was a volunteer.
Is was just starting to open when I took its' picture, the petals are still krinkly.


This Gaillardia was glowing in the setting sun.


This is a new peony I planted last fall. 
'Krinkled White' has a very pale pink flower with yellow centres.



I hope you enjoyed visiting and wondering through the garden.
Have a wonderful weekend and
I hope you get into the garden for some dirty knees!





15 comments:

Sherri B. said...

Very beautiful photos of your flowers, my favorite is that sweet 'Krinkled White' peony, love the soft color.

Pondside said...

Such beautiful images! That course must be an inspiration. I particularly love your new peony.

Deb said...

Really beautiful pics!! Thanks for sharing...

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

I loved walking thru your garden.The flowers are spectacular.

Ann said...

This class must be so enjoyable. Your pictures are spectacular. Peonies are my favorite flower-wish they lasted longer. My favorite shot is the flower with orange and pink stretching to the sun.
Ann

Carol at Serendipity said...

Jen,
Just stunning. I may have to get the 60mm macro too!

Carol

Crafty Gardener said...

Gorgeous set of photos today. I really should look into these online courses. I won't be getting my knees dirty in the garden but I'm doing a good job with my hands and fingernails.

Crafty Gardener said...

meant to ask ... what camera and lens?

Giga said...

Śliczne zdjęcia pięknych kwiatów. Pozdrawiam

Gardening in a Sandbox said...

Beautiful photos Jen. Hope you are not stressing over tomorrow. Everything will be fine....I tell myself. V

Lavender Cottage said...

Great shots of your flowers Jen and I enjoyed the little tour of the garden.
Judith

Piecefulafternoon said...

Oh they are all so lovely - it would be wonderful to wander through your garden.

keewee said...

When I see your lovely photographs, I know I have a lot to learn. I will be getting my new camera on Tuesday and can hardly wait to use it. I am thinking of taking a class in photography.

Georgianna said...

Very beautiful, Jen! Yes, garden photography often means being short of sleep. :)

I'm so happy you are enjoying your class. Just lovely images.

hugs,

– g

Marydon said...

Jen, you have the most gorgeous & unique florals. I've never heard of most of these.
Have a beautiful week.
TTFN ~
Marydon