Wednesday, August 31, 2011

August Departs

Today is the last day of August and I do not know where the time has gone. I hope I am not the only one trying to play catch up with the summer months and now fall is just around the corner.

So as August quietly slips into September I thought I would show some of the flowers still blooming in the garden.




The Dancing Pettticoats cosmos have become giants in the front garden.


The Rudbeckia have made sunny yellow splashes throughout the garden.


Echinacea (Purple Coneflower) are still producing their lovely purple/pink flowers.



The Rose 'Innocencia' has started to rebloom with the cooler temperatures.

Being away most of August has left me with a garden that very badly needs weeding, Sara Stein has a lovely quote about this situation...
`I appreciate the misunderstanding I have had with Nature over my perennial border.
I think it is a flower garden; she thinks it is a meadow lacking grass and tries to correct the error.`

Maybe I will leave it as a meadow for a couple more days and just enjoy
 the last blossoms of summer.

Take care and thank your for visiting!!!


11 comments:

Pondside said...

What a lovely quote - one worth saving. The weeds rise up as soon as there's a rainfall here - they grow 12 months of the year.

Lona said...

What a beautiful white rose Jen. The Cosmos look so pretty with their airy foliage. Beautiful pictures.

Landbohaven said...

Smukke blomster.
Ja det er med at nyde dem så længe det varer.

Lavender Cottage said...

Hi Jen
Pretty flowers, and I know what you mean about our summer that has just drifted by us.
See you for lunch next week.
Judith

ann said...

Thank goodness for cosmos and rudbeakia, though mine have already gone to seed. The cosmos are fading, along with the summer. We still have the summer heat and I hope September brings her cooler days with her. Beautiful photos today.

Catherine@AGardenerinProgress said...

What pretty flowers! I think you should just enjoy the flowers, and forget about the weeds :)

Georgianna said...

At the end of August, I keep repeating, September is still summer, September is still summer.

Your garden is beautiful, never mind the weeds. It's always hard to come back but I'm sure you'll have it in shape in no time!

– g

cindy said...

What a beautiful way to put summer to bed.
Beautiful pictures.

take care-

Kate/High Altitude Gardening said...

Beautiful pics, Jen. I feel the same way! Where has this summer gone...?

Cindy said...

Such beautiful pictures, I imagine your garden is amazing!!!
Hope your weekend is wonderful!
Cindy

Cheryl said...

Beautiful pictures! I especially like the Rudbeckia.