Friday, September 23, 2011

Pink Saturday - Pink Baby Quilt

I have not participated in Pink Saturday since before the summer started. It has been such a busy summer and now that fall has arrived I am hopeful everything will slow down and I can take more time to visit all my blogging friends. Just before leaving on our trip to Scotland this August, my cousin called to tell me her third grandchild had been born, a baby girl. I made the other grandchildren a quilt, so when I returned home the first stop was the quilt store, where I headed straight to the pink section.  I am going to visit the new addition and deliver the quilt this week.


I am joining Beverly at How Sweet the Sound for
Drop by to visit all the pink!!!



18 comments:

Cindy said...

What a lovely quilt! And your flower photography is outstanding! P.S. Thanks for your comment on my blog!
Cindy

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

This quilt is lovely! Your cousin;s grand daughter will have a beautiful heirloom.

Happy Pink Saturday!

ann said...

What a beautiful quilt to welcome a beautiful new grandchild.

chubskulit said...

Gorgeous!

My share of Pink have a nice weekend!

schöngeist for two said...

wunderschön in pink diese Babydecke!!!!!
Wünsch dir ein schönes Wochenende!
Liebe Grüsse Elke

Georgianna said...

This is adorable, Jen! I'm so impressed you did it so quickly. And now, an heirloom to cherish her whole life.

Hope that you do get some relaxing time this autumn.

hugs,

– g

Pondside said...

Lucky baby and new mum - that quilt is lovely.

Riet said...

What a gorgeous baby quilt.And how lovely you make a quilt for all the grandchildren.

Happy pink Saturday.

Denise@alloverroses said...

Wow what a wonderful and special gift. You do beautiful work and I'm sure they will cherish it. There are no better gifts than ones that are handmade.
Happy Pink Saturday!
Denise

Carol at Serendipity said...

Jen,
The summer has really gone by fast this year. I need to make a baby quilt soon. Yours is gorgeous.
Happy Pink Saturday!
Carol

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

So pretty!

Pat said...

Beautiful baby quilt. I'm sure your cousin will be pleased with such a wonderful gift for her grandchild.

Michelle said...

Wonderful present, great colors and will make a nice heirloom gift.

Jo (Pieceful Afternoon) said...

Wow - that was fast - and so darling. Lucky baby!

pinkkandy said...

Happy pinkness...Happy Autumn....I am so excited for Fall, I know you are too !!It just makes me want to cozy up...enjoy your week-end!
God Bless You
Kandy

Beverly said...

It's gorgeous! I love it. And, I know they will, too.

Happy Pink Saturday.

Lona said...

That is such a sweet quilt Jen. Just right for that little girl. So pretty!

Jann Olson said...

Very cute quilt. The little one is going to love snuggling up in it.