Thursday, June 14, 2012

This I Know...

is a book by Susannah Conway.




The dust cover describes it as a book about unraveling the layers of our lives, delving beneath the surface in order to better understand ourselves, our relationships and our path.  Author Susannah Conway uncovered this process following a tragedy-the sudden death of the man she loved.  In sharing her journey of self-discovery, she reveals how grief reshaped her life and led her to reconnect with her creativity, make peace with her past and learn to appreciate herself.
I had taken an e-course called 'Photo Mediations' with Susannah 
and new she was working on this book.
As a thank you for pre-ordering the book I was able to take her e-course called 'Exploring the Senses'.
The goal of the course is to become more aware of our senses, how we use them and how we can strengthen them. By doing this it places our feet back in the moment. Each week we are dealing with one of the senses;
 sight, smell, sound, touch, taste and intuition. 
Week One was on sight and we had to look for objects that were yellow, red and purple. 
My red walking shoes and




yellow purse.



A purple pillow.

A suggestion she made was to take our bookcase and arrange the books by colour, make rainbows.
My first thought was 'I don't think so, they are arranged by subject' and went on the finish the rest of that days' journal. But it nagged at me so I thought way not made mini rainbows by subject.
My gardening section.


It was fun and enlightening.

This week we are working on smell. When you smell something does it remind you
of a happy time, a sad time or bring a loved ones face to mind. Such a powerful sense.
We were to take a smell safari for an hour and record all the smells we found and write about them.
Still working on it but will let you know how I make out.

Enjoy your day!!!








7 comments:

Rosie Leavesnbloom said...

Sounds like a very interesting ecourse!

blushing rose said...

Yes, it does sound interesting ...
Have a wonderful day, my friend
Hugs,
TTFN ~
Marydon

Crafty Gardener said...

What fun to organize your bookshelves by colour. I would say the same as you did at first, but if you did a section at a time it would be fun. I read somewhere that a person arranged her washing on the clothes line by colour too.

Lavender Cottage said...

Hi Jen
Some interesting aspects of the senses that you're exploring. Love your red shoes!
Judith

winnsangels said...

Thank you for sharing these fun projects from Susannah's book and the e-course. Looks like a lot of fun and extremely helpful/hopeful.
Angel blessings. xo
Wendy

PrairieJill said...

Sounds like a very interesting course - must go check it out! I love your rainbow-organized books (although, I must admit, my first reaction is the same as yours: what? organize by colour?!). Hmm, maybe I'll try that, too.

Quilter Kathy said...

It does sound like a very interesting course! Do you recommend the book?