Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Check In

I have been missing from here for so long I completely understand if you gave up, I would have done the same thing in your place. But if you have dropped by, on the off chance of seeing something new, I thank you. 

I am still around. But have been busy with photography and life in general, I know you understand the LIFE part. It can rear it's head up and before you know it, you're swamped and barely treading water trying to keep afloat. That was me, but I will be honest and tell you, some of it was self inflicted, trying to be and do more then I was able to do.

I am posting this image to share with you what I have been up to. It is a composite, which is taking sections from several images and combining them into one. This one started with a coneflower, I composited in the butterfly, used different filters to add light and coloured haze then finished it off with several textures.




Today is your day to dance lightly with life,

sing wild songs of adventure,
invite rainbows and butterflies out to play,
soar your spirit, and unfurl your joy.
                                - Jonathan Lockwood Huie

I invite you to return next week for the reveal of 'The Magic Lantern', a series of images I have been working onUntil then have a wonderful day!



9 comments:

julieQ said...

What a beautiful picture! So nice to hear from you!

Ann Rasmussen said...

We all have those moments in life when life just gets away from us. I am glad that you are still wanting to keep up the blog and since I do a very good job of eliminating those that I follow who fall by the wayside, they always pop up in my side bar when they re appear, as you did. I do look forward to your new photos; I love this one.

Nancy said...

Welcome back. Yes, life can get busy and messy which requires we make choices of how we will spend of our time. This is a gorgeous composite. You did a great job and I am looking forward to seeing your next captures....

Ruth Hiebert said...

Beautiful picture. Your editing skills are very evident here.

guild rez said...

Beautiful shot...
Love to come and visit you again,
Gisela

Ida said...

Life does happen and I think most everyone understands that. - It's good to see you back posting and what a lovely piece you've presented for our viewing pleasure. Can't wait to see your next series.

Mary Rutledge said...

This is gorgeous work.
I'm trying to get back to blogging too. I've missed it. Good to see you here. Hope we meet again.

Lisa Gordon said...

It is so nice to see you back here, Jen!
I have been pretty scarce too, and for much the same reasons as you. I am looking so forward to your Magic Lantern series, and I'll be here whenever you are.

I hope you've had a wonderful summer, my friend. xo.

Roses, Lace and Brocante said...

Hello Jen

Lovely to see you are back!
Your coneflower and butterfly image is beautiful - thank you for sharing.
Life is busy - I have thought about giving up blogging for that reason - so much going on and not enough time.
But I am back too and just posting when I feel inspired and not because I feel I MUST get new post up - it's liberating!

Thank you for popping in to see me today and leaving your kind comment.

Shane x